Tumble Dryer Safety
Is my Dryer Safe To Use?
Tumble Dryer Repair Chester. Ellesmere Port.Wirral
Many but not all tumble dryers allow fluff from clothes to leak into the cabinet of the tumble dryer.
This fluff can gather around working components such as the motor, thermostats, bearings and pulleys. Worst of all it can block up the heating element.
This fluff is like tinder and is ideal material for starting a fire. When enough of it collects around the heating element it can begin to smoulder and on occasion catch fire.
Some machines allow more of this fluff to leak into the cabinet than others. You may have heard about these dryers in the news and been advised to check if your Tumble Dryer is one of the machines at risk.
If you wish to minimise the risk of a fire in your tumble dryer then I would advise the following measures
- Clean the fluff filter after every use.
- If your machine has a pipe leading outside, make sure it is clear from kinks and blockages and that any vents or mesh screens are clean.
- Only ever use your dryer when you are able to monitor it, think of it like having a pan simmering on the stove, you would leave it to do its job and at the same time be conscious of it and be on hand to attend to it.
- Vacuum any areas you can access to remove lint and fluff both inside the drum and around the front and back of dryer.
- Check to see if your Tumble Dryer is on the Product Recall List.
- If your tumble dryer is a Hotpoint, Creda, Whirlpool, Swan, Proline or Indesit brand you can check here…Whirlpool Model Check
Tumble Dryer Repair Chester. Tumble Dryer Repair Ellesmere Port. Tumble Dryer Repair Wirral.
Our tumble dryer service includes a thorough clean inside the machine to restore it internally to a clean dust and fluff free condition.
Neil Davies Tumble Dryer Service & Repairs Ellesmere Port Chester and Wirral
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check your Tumble Dryer at the electrical safety first website Here
If you can have the dryer on an outside wall with a vent pipe the vented dryers are far better value [even including the cost of having a hole put in the wall]